Saturday, February 28, 2009

Buller Fest

It's Sunday and I can't find my liver. I know I had it on Friday but somewhere between here and there it went AWOL. The river fest was way too much fun. Got to Murcheson Friday night and bummed around. There's not much to see in this town... Everyone arrived later the same night and it was beers + catching up.

Saturday we were up early and on the water by about 12pm. Good times... We had 1 raft with 8 of us on it, several kayaks, and about 136 beers. I think there might have been some liquor in there as well but I never saw it (selfish bastards). It took us about 4 hours, give or take, to do the trip not counting setup/breakdown. The river itself was fun and not too serious with a couple of minor rapids and a few standing waves. Oh yeah...and a semi sketch 10m cliff jump that required a moldy/slippery traverse using a piece of string. Ok, it wasn't that bad but definitely NZ. Relying on Darwin... From there it was back to the campsite to muster dinner, more drinking, I think there was a nap or two in there, and then back out to what ended up being a themed party of neon craziness. Think crazy wigs, neon clothes, neon lights, guys dressed like girls, girls dressed like guys, body paint, crazy drum and bass music, lots and lots of dancing, and lots and lots of drinking. It was a blast although I managed to loose a pair of long underware in the process, don't ask how.

Today we had a delicions breakfast and watched the big air competition. I didn't know watching people launch themselves off a 2 story ramp on kayaks could be so entertaining. That was pretty much the weekend. Good times. Now I'm looking for my liver.

No comments:

Post a Comment